Fitting: Driver and Irons Questionnaire
Please provide as much detail as you can on your swing and existing equipment/shaft setup. We will be able to help you much better if you are honest and detailed.
- How often do you play each month?
- How often do you practice each month?
- How consistent is your swing on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most consistent)? It doesn't matter good or bad consistency.
- What is your current handicap? What handicap system are you using?
- What is the strongest part of your game? Driver, iron, wedge, or putter?
- What is your current driver setup? (i.e. loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc) The more detail, the better.
- What type of swing tempo do you have? (smooth vs. quick) Loading factor on your swing? (heavy vs light)
- How consistent is your swing on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most consistent)? What is your ball striking ability?
- What is the problem with your existing setup?
- Have you had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM? (Flightscope is one of my highly recommended LM) Please provide numbers from your existing club or the club that you are looking to fix/buy: (swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, swing path, angle of attack, side spin, etc.)
- What are you trying to change or achieve with your new setup?
- What is your shot tendency on mishits when you are not playing well? Do you have problems missing shots on a particular part of the club face? Where?
- What is your shot tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing well?
- If you have to pick, what ball flight is the most comfortable for you to hit: high or low? draw or fade?
- What are the course conditions of the your most frequently played courses? Where are you from?
- Describe your build and posture? Height? Weight? Etc.
- What is your glove size? What is the distance from your wrist to your longest finger and the length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and right for LH golfer)
- If you have to be honest, whose swing on the PGA tour is the most similar to yours? Whose swing would you like to have?
- Do you have anything you'd like to add? The more information, the better fit and recommendations we can provide.
- Have you had a dynamic fitting before? What were your lie angle and loft numbers on your 6 iron?
- What is the existing iron setup. Please provide detailed setup and shaft specs.
- Have you ever had a launch monitor session? Please specify the brand and model of the LM. Please also provide detailed numbers from your LM session. (swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, swing path, angle of attack, side spin, etc.)
- What do you dislike about your current setup?
- What do you want to change? What is the problem?
- What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? Higher or lower? More draw or fade?
- What is your ball flight tendency on a good day?
- Where does your typically ball go on a mishit side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?
- Do you consider yourself a high or low ball hitter?
- If you had to choose, what ball flight is the most comfortable for you to hit: high or low? Draw or Fade?
- How far can you hit a 5 iron on a good day (not factoring wind)? What is your 5 iron swing speed and carry distance?
- Measure the distance from your knuckle to floor with shoes on: (LH knuckle for RH player and vice versa for LH players)
- Measure the distance from wrist to floor with shoes on? (LH wrist for RH player and vice versa for LH players)
- What is your glove size? What is the distance from your wrist to your longest finger and the length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)
- How tall are you?
- What kind of divots do you take? (Deep, medium, shallow)
- Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?
- Describe your swing style. (Smooth, medium, or quick tempo)? Describe the shaft load factor on your downswing?